Stow Historical Society
PO Box 1425
Stow OH 44224-1425
Sights to See in Stow
The Stow Society’s Darrow House is furnished almost entirely with Darrow furniture. A new addition is the Mary Starr House circa. 1850.
Heritage Park, Silver Springs Park
5328 Young Road
Heritage Park is the location for the Stow Historical Society’s museum complex which consists of three houses.
The Heritage House
The Heritage House and the moving were the gift of Mr. Stanley Boltz. It officially opened to the public on July 4, 1976.
The Darrow House
The Darrow house sat near the intersection of Darrow and Norton Roads. It was occupied over the years by the Darrow family as they raised and sold popcorn. The popcorn was the very best and many Stowites have fond memories of visits to Minnie Darrow’s house to purchase the popcorn raised by her son Floyd. The Darrow House and the moving were the gift of Bank One. It opened to the public in 1986.
The Starr House
The Starr house also originally sat near the intersection of Darrow and Norton Roads. The house and its moving were the gift of McDonald’s restaurant. It is currently undergoing renovations.