We are looking for volunteers of all ages who would like to get involved with our organization that has been a part of the Akron community since 1924. SCHS is looking specifically for people who have an interest in any of the following:
- Walk & Talk: Become a tour guide and join us in taking special groups, school groups and the general public through Perkins Stone Mansion and John Brown House. (Guide training is required).
- Walk, Talk & Fly: Guides are needed for learning the Skywalk Tour around downtown Akron.
- Dig It: Garden aficionados... bring us your skills and help our flower beds and grounds shine.
- Say Project Please: Interested in volunteering and are project minded? Work with us to complete various projects. A variety abounds!
- Office Opulence: Office excellence is always greatly needed. Organize, file and clear your way to our undying gratitude.
- The 3 R's: Research, research, research!
- Down & Dirty: Like to clean? Come clean with us. SCHS offices are always in need of a touch-up.
- Labor Leader: Exhibits come and they go but not without some physical labor. Help us create and construct exhibits.
- Lock It Up: At the Akron History Exhibit at Lock 3 volunteers are needed to staff the museum and have an absolutely great time.
- Special Events: Volunteers are always needed for special events, station a room in the Mansion, help in the parking lot, play vintage games, etc.
- Computer Me Please: Have special computer skills? Help!
If you are interested in participating in any of these positions, please
contact us at 330.535.1120, or email our volunteer coordinator Gayle Glanville at Gayle@summithistory.org
with your name, address, phone number, and area of interest, or complete the